Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So you think ice-cream for breakfast can't be healthy?


Ok, so this morning I ended up having oatmeal, w/ a side of ice-cream! No, it's not what you are thinking!

While my oatmeal was cooking this morning, I decided to try a new "one ingredient" ice cream recipe for snack later, can you guess the ingredient? Banana's, yes, that's right!



  • Take a bunch of very ripe (mine were black) and stick em' in the freezer until frozen (mine had been in there for a couple months) then peel and place in a food processer and pulse until smooth and creamy (several minutes).

  • I prefer to make this with more pizazz then just banana's, so I added vanilla, honey, cocoa and a last pulse with peanuts for some crunch. This turned out just like ice cream!

I was very skeptical at first, how can frozen bannana's taste anything like ice-cream?? I really don't care for banana's all that much either. But to to my surprise it really doesn't taste very banana-ee, it taste's just like ICE CREAM!! It's definitely a keeper. So after much "taste testing", I put it away in the freezer (for later), and finally had my small bowl of oatmeal! Hey, it's actually not a bad breakfast :) Go ahead try it!

No comments: