Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crazy Monday and the weekend

What a crazy day at work on Monday!!!
I started learning the cash register and dealing with customers. I was SO nervous, there was a lot to take in and that made my mind draw "blanks" when it came to the customers purchases. I am glad that is over, and now I just have to worry about the time I start answering phones :( Not soon I hope.

Vegan-living is going well, I made it through the weekend and I am lovin' it! I grilled the tempeh from last Tuesdays shopping -after it was marinaded in a honey-soy combo! It's the next best "find" after the almond milk!
The hardest part is coming up with new meals for one person, on a regular basis, so I usually have leftovers -which is great if it's a hit (like the tempeh), but not so much if it's a flop!

Tonight I am trying a new method of preparing tofu, where you freeze then marinade, and bake it. The freezing changes the texture of the tofu, giving it a rougher, chewier (meatier) texture, as oppose to the soft & smooth. If it comes even close to the tempeh I'll be thrilled. For lunch today, I am going to pan roast the spaghetti squash from last weeks leftovers and maybe roast up some veggies to put on top. Should be tasty!

No comments: