Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back to the grind


First day of work went well. It was quite stressful, (I think I just psyche myself up about counting out the flour/sugar etc.) and I had to count 18 CUPS of flour and 20 CUPS of chocolate chips -something I've never done before! But I am giving myself at least 4 weeks to form any opinions :p

I was pleased at all I had accomplished though.... I first had a tour and then jumped right in to fillling canolli's. Then assembled some mini tarts to prepare a "50 piece platter", made cookie dough and scooped it ALL on to pans (and there were 2 + huge sheet pans) , closing tasks which include: wrapping trays, preparing trays of morning foods for opener, sweeping and watching the close-up routine. So it was certainly a long day! I can only hope it will get better from here :) My co-workers are very friendly, and it's great having co-workers again!

Day #1 down and many more to come! Thanks for reading.

No comments: